Paperpal Terms and Conditions
- This website, paperpal.com, and all its sub domains ("Site") are owned and operated by Cactus Communications Group. Any references to "we," "us," "our," "I" refer to Cactus Communications Group. The Services are wholly offered and provided by Cactus Communications.
- The term source documents/information or "source files" refers to the articles, manuscripts, papers, academic papers, theses, dissertation documents, pictures, your or your Laboratory’s or institutions research papers you choose to upload, data relating to your preferred Journals and your choice of published papers, etc. and also includes reference of the DOI and PMCID which are submitted to us for rendering the final product. The term Final product refers to the end product / report/ suggested readings which will be recommended based on the source files provided by you.
- Your continued use and access of this Site indicates that you have read, understood, and accepted the ToU. If you do not want to be bound by the ToU, you agree to immediately discontinue your use of this Site.
Purpose of This Site and the Content Therein
- All the information presented on this Site ("Content") is for informational purposes only and does not create a business or professional services relationship between us. A service relationship may be established when you place a request for the Services and the same is accepted by us.
- We reserve the right to undertake all necessary steps to ensure that the security, safety, and integrity of our systems as well as its users' interests are and remain well–protected. Towards this end, we may take various steps to verify and confirm the authenticity, enforceability, and validity of service orders/ requests placed by you.
Fees and Invoicing
- We will issue you a valid invoice in respect of each chargeable service. We will notify you as soon as the deliverables/ recommendations are ready for download or available for your reference. You give us authority to contact on the personal details provided by you, once our deliverables/ recommendations are ready. Except as specified herein or in the Order Form or on the Site (i) fees are based on the Services requested / purchased irrespective of actual usage/ download of the final product, (ii) payment obligations are non-cancellable.
- In case you’ve opted for our services, depending upon the type of service, you will be required to make the payment either prior to availing the service i.e., pre-paid or within (7) days from the invoice date.
- You hereby grant us the right to use your information to follow up on all or any outstanding invoices payable to us.
- We may send out a communication (written or verbal) to update you on completion of the payment cycle for the outstanding invoices.
- In case your invoices are outstanding /overdue for more than 30 days, we may block your account and restrict you from accessing our services until the full payment is made for the outstanding invoice.
- There may be multiple payment gateways mentioned on our website through which you can make payment for the services. However we are not liable for any damage that you may suffer on the account of an error or default on the part of any payment gateway/s listed on our website.
- Payment shall be made: (a) in full without set-off, counterclaim or withholding of any kind (save where and to the extent that this cannot by law be excluded); (b) in the currency mentioned in the order confirmation (quotation); and (c) any foreign exchange conversion charges or any other charged levied by your bank or payment gateway are to be borne by the customer.
- You are responsible for providing complete and accurate billing and contact information to us and notifying us of any changes to such information.
- Billing Dispute: If you have any disputes with regards to billing, such disputes shall be governed by the provisions of this clause:
- You agree that all Invoices raised by us are valid and payable except to the extent of a valid billing dispute you raise with us in accordance with the provisions of this clause. Except to the extent of the disputed amount, you agree that the invoices would be valid and payable. Further you undertake to pay such an undisputed amount in accordance with the provisions of "Fees and Invoicing" clause.
- To raise a valid billing dispute, you must (i) make a good faith request by writing to us on firstname.lastname@example.org investigate the specific charges or invoice, providing at the same time specific evidence which demonstrates that a particular charge or invoice is incorrect; and (ii) make any such request to us within 3 days from date of the relevant invoice.
- On receiving a good faith dispute request from you, we will conduct investigations which are reasonably necessary and appropriate to substantiate the matter. At the end of these investigations, you will pay the outstanding amount, if any, we have the right to charge an interest at the rate of 12 % p.a. from the date of which the amount would have been due to the date of actual payment.
- The Content presented on this Site (including but not limited to text, design, software, graphics, audio, video, HTML code, and data) is protected by copyright law, patent law, trademark law, and other applicable intellectual property laws and is the exclusive property of us. You agree to follow all instructions on this Site limiting the way you may use the Content.
- We reserve all rights to this Site and its Content. This Content may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way whatsoever, without our prior written consent. You may use the Content for your limited personal and non-commercial purposes in accordance with applicable law governing intellectual property rights. You may download and print one copy of any Content expressly specified as available for download solely for your personal, non-commercial use. Provided however, that you hereby agree not to modify the Content so downloaded, in any way whatsoever and that you shall not alter any copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices or symbols attached/affixed to such Content. Any other use or modification of the Content without our prior written authorization is expressly prohibited.
- Trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on this Site are our sole and exclusive property. Nothing contained in this Site shall be construed as conferring any license or right to any copyright, trademark, logo, service mark, or other proprietary interest of us or any third party.
- You affirm that you own the copyrights of the source files you provide us for availing the services or you affirm that you have the necessary authority to provide the source files to us for availing our services and in either case you authorize us to use the source files for rendering the services envisaged by you from us.
- You agree to indemnify us in case any third-party claims infringement of Copyright in the source files provided to us by you or any other third-party claims resulting out of breach of these ToU by you.
- You hereby agree that access to certain areas of this Site may be available only to registered users. To become a registered user, you may be required to provide us certain information. You hereby represent and warrant that all information supplied to the Site is true, complete, and accurate.
Use of the Site
- You hereby agree not to use contact information provided on the Site for any unauthorized purposes, including but not limited to marketing. You shall not use any hardware or software intended to damage or interfere with the proper working of the Site or to surreptitiously intercept any system, data, personal information, or Content on the Site. You agree not to interrupt or attempt to interrupt the operation of the Site in any manner whatsoever. We hereby reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to limit or terminate your access to or use of the Site at any time without notice to you.
- You agree and undertake to use the Site appropriately. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree and undertake that when using the Site, you will not: o Upload/post source files that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, or other proprietary/intellectual property rights of another person or Post information that belongs to another person and to which you do not have any rights to; o Upload/post source files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or corrupted files, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, harm, or limit the functionality of the Site or another user's computer, computer system/network/database or user's data or software;
- Upload source files that threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security, sovereignty, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevents investigation of any offense or is insulting any other nation;
- Post information that harms minors;
- stalk, or otherwise violate the legal rights of other users;
- conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, or chain letters on the Site;
- download any file Posted by another user that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such a manner;
- Post any information that deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or impersonates another person or communicates any information that is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- violate any applicable laws or regulations for the time being in force; or
- make the Site available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices or multiple users at the same time.
- You shall be solely responsible for complying with the laws of the country from which you are accessing this Site and you agree that you will not access or use the information on this Site in violation of such laws. In addition, you may not use this Site:
- In a way that breaches any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation;
- In a way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect; or
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other similar form of solicitation (spam) or any material that you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, or share.
- Any usage of the unique ID and password created by you or provided to you shall be solely for your personal use. You shall not share this with anyone, and you would be responsible for any unauthorized access or usage of the same.
- You hereby acknowledge and agree that we reserve the right to:
- limit, deny, or restrict the use or access to the Site in entirety or certain portions of the Site to specific users, including yourself, at our sole discretion;
- reject a user from registering on the Site without assigning any reason thereof;
- suspend/cancel/deactivate any user’s account/registration for any reason that we shall deem fit, or
- delete, edit, or move any Content Posted on the Site for any reason whatsoever.
- Use your name, logo or any other trademark for marketing and promotional activities if you have availed any service(s) from our website. Such usage shall be in a manner that does not derogate your rights in your trademarks, names and logos by us.
- Use your source files uploaded on this platform to analyze, enhance or develop and build services, tools and systems for customers benefits
- We shall maintain complete confidentiality of source files. All our vendors are contractually obliged to maintain strict confidentiality of user data and have agreed not to disclose such confidential information to unauthorized persons. Access to the user data is limited to the person who is in charge or required to work on the document. We also assure compliance with applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information and promise to handle Customer's personal information with great care.
Breach of T&Cs
- When a breach of these T&Cs has occurred, we may take all or any of the following actions or any such action as it deems appropriate, including but not limited to the following:
- Immediate, temporary, or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site;
- Issuance of a warning to you;
- Initiation of legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all resulting costs and expenses suffered by us on an indemnity basis (including but not limited to reasonable administrative and legal costs); and
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities is reasonably necessary.
- We hereby expressly disclaim all liability for any and all actions taken by us in response to a breach of the ToU committed by you.
Paperpal Prime Services
- Paperpal Prime is a paid subscription program that offers an annual and monthly subscription. It may be offered at a discounted rate or bundled in with other offerings.
- The Paperpal Prime service inclusions may vary in each country.
- The Paperpal Prime services will be valid for a period of 1 year from the date of subscription for the annual pack, and 1 month from the date of subscription for monthly pack. Your subscription will be auto renewed at the end of the said period. If you wish to unsubscribe, then please do so before the end of the pack.
- Users who sign up for Paperpal Prime will be billed on a monthly or annual basis, depending upon the selected subscription program at time of purchase. The card details you enter will be stored on the payment gateway, and you will be automatically charged on the chosen payment method at the beginning of each new billing cycle.
- Paperpal Prime subscription duration is fixed unless indicated differently at the time of allotment.
- Benefits under the Paperpal Prime subscription can be redeemed only during the subscription period.
- Users can cancel their subscription at any point of time.
- If cancellation is done within 30 days of purchase for annual subscription, and 7 days of purchase for monthly subscription, Users will be eligible for a refund. After the mentioned period, no refunds will be provided. The subscription will continue until its expiry.
- Such refund, if any, will be credited only if the User returns the tax invoice and this payment will be credited in the same mode through which we had received it.
- You can reach out to email@example.com if you wish to cancel your subscription.
- Any unused benefits on the date the subscriptions expiry will not be carried forward.
- Certain benefits like live events, etc., may be available for a limited time only during the subscription period.
Changes to the Site and These Terms
- We may alter or modify the features of the Site with respect to different user(s), or change any of the features or introduce new features on the Site without prior notice to any user.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove any portion of these ToU, in whole or in part, at any time, temporarily or permanently, without notice and without liability, by posting revised terms on the Site. You hereby agree that it is your responsibility to check periodically for any changes made to these ToU. Your continued use of the Site after any changes to these ToU signifies your acceptance of the updated ToU.
- Our website is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 18 years.
- We do not knowingly or intentionally process the personal information of any individual under the age of 18.
- You must not use our website, purchase or attempt to purchase any of our products or services, or submit any personal information to us, if you are under the age of 18.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- While we will use reasonable efforts to provide reliable Content through this Site, we do not warrant that this Site is free of inaccuracies, errors, and/or omissions. This Site may contain certain historical information, which is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the Content presented on this Site at any time, without notice to you.
- The Site may contain links to other websites ("Embedded Sites"). The Embedded Sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for the contents of any Embedded Site, including without limitation any link contained in an Embedded Site, or any changes or updates to an Embedded Site. We are not responsible for any form of transmission whatsoever received by you from any Embedded Site. We are providing these links or allowing users to provide you these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us of the Embedded Sites or of any information contained in the Embedded Site or any association with the operators or owners of the Embedded Site
- You hereby expressly acknowledge that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any message or information sent by you to us or Posted on the Site may be read or intercepted by others unless there is a special notice that a particular message (for example, credit card information) is encrypted (sent in code). It is expressly clarified that we do not bear any additional responsibility towards you on account of your sending a message to us.
- For the avoidance of doubt, it is clarified that except as otherwise expressly provided in these ToU, we make no representations, guarantees, or warranties, written or oral, express or implied, to the user or to any other person or entity regarding the services, the Content on the Site, any hardware, or software.
- Should you have any grievance or complaints in relation to your use of the Site, please contact us, at firstname.lastname@example.org, who shall respond to your grievance within 14 days.
Governing Law/Dispute Resolution
- If any dispute arises between you and us in connection with your usage of our website or any of our services shall be solely resolved by reference to arbitration. The place of arbitration shall be Singapore. The arbitration proceedings shall be in English language.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and any dispute shall, subject to the arbitration clause specified above, exclusively be subject to the jurisdiction of the appropriate Courts situated in Singapore.
- You may not transfer to anyone else, either temporarily or permanently, any rights to use the Services or any part of the Services. Any attempt by you to do so is void. We may assign, transfer, delegate and/or grant all or any part of its rights, privileges and properties hereunder to any person or entity.
- Neither Party shall have any liability for any interruption or delay, to access the Site due to Force Majeure Event. For the purposes of this clause, 'Force Majeure Event' means any event or circumstance or combination of events and circumstances which is reasonably beyond the control of the party affected thereby and which causes or results in default or delay in performance by such affected party of any of its obligations under this ToU and includes an act of God, war, hostilities, civil commotion, epidemics, lockdowns, strikes, lockouts and other industrial disputes.
- Any express waiver or failure to exercise promptly any right under this ToU will not create a continuing waiver or any expectation of non-enforcement.
- These Terms constitute the entire ToU between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter.
Last Amended: 25-April-2023
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 DNV-GL certified
Cactus Communications Services Pte Ltd 20 McCallum Street, #19-01, Tokio Marine Centre, Singapore 069046
Shape the future
We are always looking for inspiration, feedback, and ideas. With your help we can make Paperpal even more amazing together!
Speak to us
Your documents are always safe
Copyright 2023 Cactus Communications. All rights reserved.